Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We're Saved!

Have you noticed the most recent news?  We're focused on some Miss Universe contestant.  Or the White House Correspondent's Dinner.  And eking out into the new media are stories that the economy is getting better.  We're Saved!

Some how we have gone from the worst recession since The Great Depression to "green shoots" are showing and the bottom has been hit, we're on the upswing.  I must have missed that turn.

I don't really think 10% unemployment is a sign of economic recovery, and trust me, in a few months, we'll be at 10%.  Actually, we're already at 10%, it's just we can only find 8.9% who are measurable because they are new enough on the unemployment rolls that they have not lost their eligibility.  

I don't think large trade deficits are a sign of economic recovery.

I don't think pretending we can rely on consumer spending as the basis of our economy is a sign of recovery.  

I don't think failing to aid distressed homeowners is a sign of economic recovery.




No comments:

Post a Comment